Volume kicks off with Twirl dreaming about a lolified version of herself and centers around sleep and dreams and is set between the anime and vol 5. After some sleepless nights of protecting Souji's virginity for herself, Aika gets Twirl to make a dreaming machine for some R&R and to live out her fantasy of having breasts. Twirl agrees to it secretly intending to use it for payback but things go horribly wrong for her when Aika falls asleep before listening to her instructions. As such, when they peek into her dream via superscience tv they see world where Aika is full on dere to Twirl because Aika's desire for cowtits mixed in with her desires for her childhood friend. Twirl freaks and destroys her machine to wake Aika up but instead of bringing her back to reality, they bring dream Aika out and now Twirl has to deal with her yuri come ons in real life.
Shenanigans happen including a fake out dream that made it look like Aika was embarassed after having come to her senses but now Twirl was taking the teasing way too far just short making it real. Unfortunately for a mortified Twirl, that was her own dream. Twirl tries to shock her back awake by claiming she and Souji got married but that leads to them going into EoE base defense mode against Aika so they can buy Twirl time to fix the machine.
Aika naturally breaks through in no time to everyone's horror so Twirl has to use herself as bait to lure the monster to the machine's bed by telling Aika that she wants to do something with her on the bed, with everyone watching. Aika shyly accepts and Twirl manages to put her under at the cost of Miharu being impressed with her Gigolette ways.
The fix however does nothing as Aika was still in a dream state so she can't be made to dream so they resort to subtly trying to clue Aika in on that she's still dreaming via not so subtle hints. Again, things take to hilariously wrong tangents until lucky pervert moment between Souji and Erina triggers Aika's jealousy and makes her realize that something was very wrong with her.
She falls asleep in Souji's arms muttering about it really has to be Souji. That's when they figure out they're all actually in Aika's dream too and they went in to wake her up. That's when the nightmare aspect of Aika's dream takes shape in the form a of the very appropriately named Nightmare elemarian. Souji and Erina transform to defeat it but it proves to be a slippery and pragmatic foe with self-cloning abilities. When they think they finally nailed all of the copies, one last pops out and heads for where they left Aika to sleep. Using break release and detransforming locks them out of getting back into action so Souji runs after it.
It seems to late as the elemarian prepares to strike Aika but then a brilliantly shining white Tail Blue shows up in between them and cuts him down instead in a flash. Souji is the only one to catch what happened just in time but he realizes that wasn't the Tail Blue they're used to but her predecessor, Twirl.
This is where things don't quite make sense as Souji wakes from the machine and it's revealed that he was the only one to dive into Aika's dream to wake her up and that the machine was never designed to pull an inception. The others weren't able to see what happened either so the whole thing happened between just Aika, Souji and their Tail Gears. Story ends with Aika thanking Twirl for cooking this up, with inception taking effect when she also says breasts at the end of her sentence as a verbal tic that hurts her mentally to say.
Epilogue is Erina dreaming of her ideal self where she's filled up properly like her mother and has her make Souji go down on her. Afterword has Mizusawa saying he'd like to do more sidestories in the future too. This volume only took like half of the original BD extra stories so he's got at least another volume's worth ready.
- Isuna has no idea how pregnancy works and dreamed of making Tail Red bear her child. Mega Ne does her best not tsukkomi that.
- Guildies featured are Cat(Cat Ears), Ikakku(Fang/Snaggletooth), Sheep(Sleep) and Hamster(Overly Long Sleeves). Sleep elemera makes its victims sleep deprived instead of making them sleep. The other guildies back at base were shown to have spent a day wallowing in misery at the trending Tail Red lollipops Dark Grasper gave them the day before because licking down Tail Red would mean she'd be gone from their hands in no time.
- Everyone seems to start licking in a very inappropriate spot, humans and elemarians alike. Souji doesn't like the lolis though, not because it's mortifiying to have your friends slobber over a miniature version of yourself like Aika assumed but because the twintails melt away with each lick.
- At this point Souji is only just starting out with his innate twintail sonar. His range at this point is an entire floor.
- Miharu puts on Souji's girl's uniform when they assemble at the clubroom to discuss Aika's situation. The girls say it really suits her and that she could easily pass for a highschooler but Souji is horribly mortified/traumatized by this and insists that she goes back home to change. She opts to take the long way home but she doesn't run into anyone to her disappointment and Souji's relief.
- When the talk of friends come up, Twirl has defend herself that she did have friends back home and theat exchanged plenty of emails. It gets pointed out all of those emails were Isuna's and Twirl let slip an implication that she really was lonely then since she couldn't bear to have people get hurt just because they were associated with her.
- When confronting Nightmare Guildy, Twirl is a bit freaked by him being a horse elemarian but calms herself down when she realizes it's a black horse and not a white one. Something big went down between her and Yuno's first love.
- Aika's dream was split between her fondest wishes and her worst nightmare. The situation in Aika's dream is set in likely their second or third winter in highschool and the elemarian invasion is over. Based on how Twirl explained her system and that they interpret her number one desire is actually to take back their peaceful, it seems that Aika was waiting for AFTER they defeat the elemarians to finally make things clear to Souji. When you consider the timing of this volume, the CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT she talked about and her being in critical danger in the last proper volume and how her worst nightmare was basically coming true, she's raising some really heavy flags.
My favorite bit from when they were trying to convince Aika she's dreaming:
"But Tsube-san, don't you love tokusatsu feature films so very much?"
"Prez, my favorite movies are romance movies breasts. You know that too, right Twoearle? Remember... When we went to the Cinecon together and held each other's hands on the armrest..."
"And my fingers were crushed and mishapened?"
"I rested my head on Twoearle's shoulders..."
"And that head would pull my arm out of its socket yes?"
"And when I couldn't hold myself back anymore I'd go in for a ki..."
"A kick and throw combo that sent me flying into the screen! Right!?"
"Fufuu... Instead of watching the movie, I ended up watching nothing else except for Twoearle's face breasts..."
An embarassed smile forms on Aika's face as her cheeks take on a scarlet flush.
Then Twirl does the breakdancing elf.